Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Bag Index

Index of my bag as of September 17: 1. A book with traffic rules. 2. A receipt of a package delivered to Bernard Schechtman, the accountant I work for in New York. He had me send it to Great Neck, to a building which I suspect to be an elderly home. 3. Sunglasses. Not sure why. 4. A businesscard of a shop in Hum. Hum is the smallest town in the world. People there invented their own language too. This shop was the smallest shop in Hum. It sold moonshine liquors and homemade soaps. When we asked the man who worked there whether people actually lived in Hum, he said his girlfriend did. She lived next to the store. He had to commute every day from a larger town in the area. For some reason this struck me as very romantic. Even though it didn't make sense for the girl to not just have him live with her. Then again, being pragmatic is almost never romantic. Besides, maybe she had the smallest apartment in Hum. 5. A book about Cannibalism. (A novel about a man eating his lover. Written by a Belgian, obviously.) 6. Migraine pills. Always. 7. Change. Currencies: Pound (Stuck at Heathrow in October for 4 hours and had to do something. That something turned out to be spending money. Do not remember on what.) Kunas (Do not think I will need these any time soon.) 8. Paper handkerchiefs. Got these for free at a pharmacy in Kassel when I was buying nose spray. I have bought nose spray in every country I have ever been to. They've become useful souvenirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment