Monday, May 17, 2010

A start

I'm starting to forget.
Yesterday I couldn't sleep because I remembered I was twenty five. Then I woke up and forgot again.
I hope in five, or ten, or twenty years, I will read this and remember what I was thinking on certain unmemorable days. On the days that didn't matter. What I liked on those days. Or didn't like.
Today I like:
Sleeping in.
Blue and white stripes.
Thinking about books I must read this summer. (Solar by Ian McEwan, new Phillip Roth)
The idea of taking pictures. (I looked out of the window and saw a group of people passing each other in the street, all carrying or wearing something blue. Then they all vanished in the crowd. I was too late, due to lack of working camera.)
Today I don't like:
Learning about twenty something year old's success on the internet.
Jealousy in general.
Finding out the man of my dreams has a girlfriend. And no, we have never actually met.
The fact that there is so much to do in New York in the city, and I'm sitting at home not doing any of them.
Being twenty five. And yes I am aware that next year I wish I was exactly that.

No comments:

Post a Comment