Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Blushing

My body is extremely reactive. When I get nervous my heart starts beating extremely fast. When I'm embarrassed I blush, or rather turn bright red, usually for a minute or so. When it happens I try to cover my face with a hand or look the other way, probably making it even more obvious. Yesterday someone, a friend, asked why I looked so nice (I was wearing a dress) and if I did it because I finally decided to go on a date with him. The person in question a, has a girlfriend, b, was clearly joking, c, is never actually serious about anything he says, and d, said it to amuse the people standing around and successfully so. They all laughed, as I quickly was undergoing a severe chameleon-like transformation. It didn't make any sense at all. You're making a mistake, I wanted to tell my face, this is not a reason to blush. But then again, if it was up to me I would never blush at all.
Children are cute when they blush, adults (if that's what I am) less so. I wonder if it passes with age.

No comments:

Post a Comment